Verdicts & Settlements
Some Prior Cases
John Doe and James Roe v. Aldon Smith, Aldon Smith played for the San Francisco 49’ers and lived in San Jose. He had a party at his house where a fight ensued. Shots rang out and two innocent third parties were shot by the gunfire. The lawsuit alleged failure to provide security and premises liability. Aldon Smith settled the case for $1,000,000.00.
John Doe v. MoreFlavor, Inc., Plaintiffs were passengers in a work truck when they were hit from behind by the MoreFlavor box truck in Concord, California. Plaintiffs recovered $1,380,000.00 from MoreFlavor for neck, back and shoulder injuries.
John and Jane Doe v. City of LaFayette $250,000
v. Payless Shoe Source, $5,000,000.00 settlement for class action wage and hour case.
v. Home Depot, for wrongfully detaining and fining immigrants and accusing them of shoplifting. $750,000.00.
James Goodson, medical malpractice $100,000.00
Laila Rachki and Greg Minaar v. Budget Truck Rental $300,000.00
Flores v. Skydive Monterey Bay, Inc., $100,000.00 judgment against Skydive Monterey Bay for filing a wrongful motion to dismiss. $150,000.00 settlement against the skydiving company for injuries sustained with the parachute prematurely opened. This is the first of its kind in settling a skydiving case based on a signed waivers.
Jane Doe v. United Airlines, Confidential settlement for injuries sustained by falling objects form the overhead bin.
Current Cases of Interest:
Smith v. United Airlines – Due to United Airlines policy of charging for baggage, they overstuff the bins, which results in serious head and neck injuries. We are currently fighting against United Airlines seeking compensation for such injuries.
- Confidential Minor v. Norfolk & Western, $1,500,000 involving a poorly designed railroad crossing
- Summers v. Dr. Brian Russell – $490,000 settlement in a medical malpractice claim.
- Trent v. Ford, $900,000 settlement for products liability and negligence claims.
- Confidential Medical Malpractice Settlement – $360,000 for the failure to perform an emergent c-section resulting in wrongful death.
- Industrial failure – $250,000
- Baughman v. Waste Management – $250,000 for a products liability claim involving a cardboard bailing machine.
- Confidential v. Durbin – $250,000 settlement for the negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- Schneider v. Booth, Hackleman $130,000 judgment for tortuous conduct.
- Ivan Nelson v. Dealer, $250,000 settlement in a products liability action involving a faulty gas line burning the plaintiff’s arm.
- Confidential Motorcycle crash $500,000 settlement.
- Faw v. Cook, $350,000 settlement in a car accident claim.
- Fresch v. Santa Fe Southern Railway, $100,000 for injuries resulting from the incorrect positioning of the locomotive resulting in the inability to clearly see in its direction of travel.
- Howard v. American Family Insurance, $204,000 against the injured parties’ insurance company in a hit and run where the insurer denied coverage due to the so called ‘no-contact’ provision in many under-insured motorist coverage provisions.
- Confidential v. OUSD, $135,000 settlement for negligent supervision of minor’s.
- Confidential v. Kelly, $100,000 policy limits settlement for wrongful death.
- Daniels v. Barrett, $50,000 judgment for negligent entrustment of an automobile to a minor.
- Stear v. Lingenfelter, $77,500 for whiplash injuries in rear accident.
- Owens v. Hart, Lourash, $80,000 for injuries incurred while escaping an approaching dog.
- Howard v. Air Land Transport, $150,000 for injuries from a trucking accident.
Published Appellate Cases
- Sallenger v. City of Springfield, 473 F.3d 731 (7th Cir. 2007)
- In re Thornton, 373 Ill.App.3d 200 (3rd Dist. 2006)